Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Some clarification

Congratulations to most of you for figuring out the Japanese--or at least putting two and two together to see that we are expecting another little Ito next summer.  The little accessory for my purse was given to me by the city where we live.  It says, "there is a baby in my tummy".  We get the little accessory when we get our booklet for pregnancy and child development.  In Japanese healthcare, Akihiro feels like this is a very good thing.  Each child has a book that is taken to the doctor from prenatal to school age health information--immunizations, height, weight, etc.  Anyway, back to the accessory--they are all pink, so to those of you who thought it meant we were having a girl.....you'll have to wait a bit longer for that bit of news.  I'm not sure exactly what the purposes of the accessory are, but if you flash it to someone on the train, they will usually give you their seat--kinda handy!
     I am going to the same local OB clinic where Tomoki was born--Shibata Clinic.  The doc speaks English well, the staff is nice, it is close (7 minutes by bike?), and I know basically what to expect there.  That clinic doesn't do VBAC, so we will be scheduling a c-section.  I'll find out more about that on my Monday appointment, I guess.
     As far as how I am feeling....to be honest, pretty crummy.  I have that first trimester fatigue, nagging nausea, excessive saliva, strange dreams, and not the greatest sleep.  Big burps are reasons for rejoicing!  I haven't been a very patient mama for my teething two year old, but I am hanging in there thanks to my good hubby's help and support.
   Next week we are off to Beijing for one night to see Li-san and his wife and daughter and then to Hong Kong for Akihiro's cousin's wedding reception.  I'm hoping and praying that our travels go well.